Monday, November 14, 2011


Session 11:
Today was the first day of presentation. With no more official lessons today we saw our fellow classmates websites.
The first one was the website about Technology and the Arts. It itself was an intriguing topic to me as technology we always relate to science. So seeing it in view of arts was very fascinating. The group went through three art types namely: Film, Visual Art and Music. My view on art is that it is something that should come naturally to us. I personally think that artists should not use technology while showcasing their talent. However, if I was an artist myself, I would also use technology because the competition out there in the world is so stiff that it is necessary for us to use technology to enhance our talents.
Moving on another presentation was on technology and its role and impact on physically disabled. Frankly speaking, this is a very important aspect of technology. This is because technology has really improved the lifestyle of those disabled. Furthermore, with technology we are also able to spread messages that help to integrate the disabled into the society.
Lastly, was the presentation on social media and us. This is of course a topic that everyone is interested about because social media is something that has become a part of our daily life. For me, I know of friends who do not use facebook because they believe that its disadvantages outweighs its advantages. I beg to differ as social media for me does not only helps me to relax but I have been able to connect with my friends from India after 8 years because when I first came to Singapore, internet was not so commonly used in India. So facebook is something that I’ll always cherish as it helped me to find out about my friends whom I had lost touch with! That being said, of course facebook is a hindrance! The first thing I do when I log onto my computer is open facebook and I keep looking at it again and again as updates keep coming constantly.
With that being said, today’s lesson was very interesting as my classmates talked about what they have been working on for the past 10 or so weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment