Saturday, October 1, 2011

Individual report outline (new one)

Innovation: The invention of global positioning system (GPS). It has transformed how people move from one place to another. This disruptive change has made our lives easier by making our transportation faster, efficient and less tiring

Rationale for selecting this Innovation: In my opinion, GPS is going to replace all the paper maps very soon and there are a lot more varieties of GPS that can be made. Like ones which are pocket size so a person hiking can also take it along. Hence, I believe that there is a lot more to GPS than just using them in car!

Proposed approach to development of paper


Executive summary: (will be written at the end of report) it will focus on the change from navigation map to GPS and future possibilities of GPS and other systems.

Background/ Introduction: In this section I will be explaining the brief outline of my report.
Historical Perspective: In this section I would focus on the old navigation methods like a compass and the sun direction. (very short part of the report)

Current situation: This section would be on current methods like paper maps and GPS. IT will focus on how paper maps are now in decline and how GPS is becoming more and more possibilities.

Future situation: In this section, I will speculate on the possible changes to the GPS itself like having holographic vision of the map. I will also speculate on the usage of mobile GPS in other areas like for hiking, in theme parks or nature parks etc. I will also speculate on how in future the GPS may or may not play a role when driverless transportation is possible for automobiles. Tis will be my main focus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment